Thursday 11 September 2014

Barcelona

We have made it to our final destination in Europe, Barcelona. If you’ve ever thought about riding through the centre of Barcelona, by all means do. What I mean by that is if you’re the kind of person that would be inclined to enjoy having your bare arse whipped with nettles, or own a rubber fist and indulge in playtime with safe words, you’ll probably enjoy it. Except there are no safe words, only swear words.

The cars aren’t so bad, but the bikes are a bit like ants when you nuke their nest with a kettle. Still, darwinism will sort them out.

Now the plan is to get the ferry to Tangier, which departs at 10:00 Friday 12th – although for some sadistic reason (as if a 32h crossing wasn’t bad enough) we have to be there for 6am. I’m really looking forward to it, love boats. Especially the seasick bit. And the sea, can’t get enough. I might get a boat and get some puppets like on Rosie and Jim. Except I wouldn’t be able to call them that so I’d call them ‘Bastard’ and ‘Ship’. I’ve always though puppeteers were a bit odd. What kind of person wants to fist a toy? It’s all a bit Saville if you ask me.

Right, so then, Tangier. Today I have serviced the bikes, oil change, checked and tightened spokes and a general once over. Dee has been cooking in our hostel room which along with all the washing everywhere I’m sure will go down a treat, but to calm them down I’ve drawn a scrotum on the mirror so they should be happy.

Here are some pictures of stuff for those of you that are illiterate.





Factory intercom and basket setup
Pyrenees – somewhere in Andorra:

Nom.

Servicing in the car park. I didn’t pour the oil into the bins. Nope.



....Onwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment