Tuesday 9 September 2014

Andorra!



We are in Andorra, so that’s France over and done with. As Vinnie Jones eloquently once described the French as “garlic breath tossers” there’s little more to add when it comes to describing their driving. We’ve both nearly been taken out several times…

Anyway.  We’ve got our first hotel tonight, so hopefully can get a decent nights kip.  I’ve been eaten alive. Fifteen bites on my leg alone! Where Dee sleeps like a baby and doesn’t get bitten at all, I stay up thinking everything is going to eat me. Which it apparently does. Apart from the mice that were running over the tent, but probably only because the bastards couldn’t get in.

Bikes are still running okay, we’ve just clocked over 1,100km with the only complaints being a complete and utter lack of power at altitude (for me atleast – even when I’m speed tucking up the hills, Dee can sit bolt upright and overtake me. Luckily she isn’t smug about that what-so-ever.)

Tomorrow we are going to head to Manresa, and then we have two nights in a hostel near Barcelona, where I’m going to service the bikes and send Dee off shopping. Bitches love shopping.

Here is a  photo of our tent to break up this wall of text:


4 days to go until we board the ferry to Tangier. They like to drink mint tea in Morocco apparently, so we bought some to try it. It tastes a bit like drinking toothpaste, musty toothpaste. Anyway, that means we are 100% prepared, as the teabags had a picture of a camel on them. Camels aren’t deceitful.

Here is another photo of our bikes. It isn’t relevant to anything above, but I don’t have a picture of a camel.





No comments:

Post a Comment